Bang is a creative consultancy specialising in branding, corporate and digital communications.
Over the past 25 years, Bang has built a reputation for providing many government organisations and companies with creative and effective design solutions in branding new initiatives, developing and implementing user focussed digital strategies and creating internal and external communication materials.
We’re looking for a web developer to join our experienced and talented tech team, responsible for building, supporting and maintaining our clients’ web and mobile applications.
You should be comfortable working on all aspects of the web development; from architecture, coding and testing through to deployment, hosting and operations.
The work is varied, interesting and demanding. You will be given the opportunity to make a difference. The majority of our sites are WordPress based, however we also have sites based on Drupal, Zend Framework, and some mobile applications.
Desired skills and experience:
- Proven experience delivering web projects.
- Previous experience with agile development and code review.
- Strong debugging and problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with object oriented design principles
Our tech stack:
- PHP (WordPress, Drupal, Zend Framework, composer).
- HTML & CSS (HTML5, CSS3, Sass, LESS).
- Front-end build tools (Grunt, Gulp, PhoneGap).
- Version control (Git).
- DevOps (AWS, Ansible, Docker, Vagrant, Xen, Nagios/Icinga).
- Linux (Ubuntu, Gentoo, CentOS/RHEL).
- Web server configuration (Nginx, Apache, Varnish).
- Database administration (MySQL/MariaDB, PostgreSQL).
Don’t worry if you don’t have the complete set, we’re happy to train the right candidate.
- Competitive salary, based on experience.
- Flexible working hours.
- Pensions contributions.
- 20+ days holiday (plus additional days based on number of years of service).
- Personal training and development budget.
- Leafy village location, working out of a converted Barn, complete with duck pond.
Interested in this role?
Email email@example.com with your CV and briefly explain why you’re right for us.
Please note that you may be asked to complete a brief remote assessment before being invited to attend a formal interview.